Getting ready for a fun Super Bowl LII but want to keep the snacks light and tight?!
I have the perfect selection of classic football food that has a healthy twist because no one wants to feel bloated during the Justin Timberlake half-time performance!
As a former NFL Cheerleader I’m a Sunday football kinda gal. Niq and I host a Super Bowl party almost every year and these snacks are on heavy rotation. I even had two friends put a special request in for the Cauliflower Bites and Extra Pizzas!
Even though my team isn’t playing in the Super Bowl I am rooting for Brady. He truly is one of the greatest players of all time and his diet is ON POINT. He and Giselle follow a very anti-inflammatory diet excluding dairy, red meats, pork, peanuts, soy, wheat, sugar and nightshade veggies from their diet.
I feel like Tom and G would be into these healthy gamely alternatives!
Buffalo Cauliflower vs Buffalo Wings
Cauliflower Crust Vegan Pizza vs. Dominos
Kale Chips vs. Tostitos
7-Layer Dairy- Free Mexican Dip vs. Traditional Dairy Dips
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips vs. Yellow Corn Chips
- 6 cups of fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil, or olive oil. Set aside.
- Mix the garlic powder, salt, pepper, melted butter, and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Add the cauliflower into a large gallon-sized bag, pour the buffalo sauce into the bag. Shake until the cauliflower florets are fully coated. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with celery, cucumber, carrot slices
- Eat with PRIMAL KITCHEN vegan Ranch Dressing
Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Dairy-free, Soy-free, Egg-free, Grain-free)
- Trader Joes Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Vegan Cheese
- Basil Leaf
- Rao’s Pizza Sauce
Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove all packaging from crust and place upside down on a sheet pan. Bake 10-12 minutes, flip crust over and bake another 10-12 minutes. For a crisper crust, broil an additional 4-5 minutes or until browned. Top crust with desired toppings and broil another 4-5 minutes until browned and sauce is bubbling
Cheesy Kale Chips
- 1 – 2 large bags of kale
- 1/3 cup nutrition yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbs Braggs Aminos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. …
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Skinny 7-Layer Mexican Dip
- Amy’s Vegetarian Organic Chiles Refried Beans (2 cans)
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno
- 8 oz vegan sour cream
- Cilantro (handful added on top)
- ½ tbsp taco seasoning
- 15.5 oz jar medium salsa
- 1 ½-2 cups shredded Vegan Mexican 4 cheese
- Organic tortilla chips
- Pour the refried beans on the bottom of the pan and smooth out a solid thick layer
- Add Guacamole as the second layer and smooth
- In a separate bowl add sour cream and taco seasoning and stir together.
- Add the sour cream mix as third layer
- Top with the salsa, then with thick layer of shredded cheese
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or veggies!